Tuesday, November 14, 2017

XXXTentacion says he was assaulted by Migos outside of his hotel in Los Angeles.






XXXTentacion says he was assaulted by Migos outside of his hotel in Los Angeles.

The Florida rapper made the claims Monday night on Instagram, stating the trio had jumped him and pulled out a gun. XXX claims he was with his girlfriend and a friend during the incident.

“They jumped me […] Nobody gave the respect of a one-on-one,” he says in the video. “[…] I’m just letting y’all know for now that I’m a man before anything, and I’m gonna take my fucking ass-beating like a man, nigga, and I’m gonna carry myself like a man. This shit don’t affect me, and you niggas gonna lose money [for] fucking with me.”

You can see in the video that XXX sustained several injuries to his face; however, the Florida rapper says he was surprised Migos didn't do more damage considering all the shit-talking he did.

“After all the shit I’ve been talking, how the fuck you ain’t shoot me?” he says. “[…] He was scared to fight me one-on-one. These niggas were scared to fight me! Y’all niggas like 35! I ain’t mad because I got 35-year-olds afraid to fight me […] Migos just gave me free clout.”

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Report: LiAngelo Ball Among UCLA Players Arrested for Shoplifting in China



Three members of the UCLA Bruins basketball team were arrested in China for allegedly shoplifting, ESPN.com's Jeff Goodman reported Tuesday.

LiAngelo Ball, brother of Los Angeles Lakers point guard Lonzo Ball, is reportedly among the UCLA players facing legal trouble. According to Goodman, Chinese authorities also arrested freshman forward Cody Riley and freshman forward Jalen Hill. 

The arrests come a little over three days before the Bruins open their season against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets on Saturday in Shanghai, China.



The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Ken Sugiura reported Chinese police also questioned three players from the Yellow Jackets before releasing them. Authorities also searched the UCLA team bus and ordered the Bruins players to return to the hotel.

"We are aware of the matter involving UCLA student-athletes and we are gathering more information," UCLA spokesman Alex Timiraos said in a statement provided to Sugiura.

Ball played 16 minutes and scored 11 points in UCLA's exhibition victory over Cal State Los Angeles on Nov. 1. Riley also played 18 minutes in the 111-80 win, coming off the bench to finish with eight points, five rebounds and three assists.

Monday, November 6, 2017

Lonzo Ball Is Selling Shirts With His Face On Nas’ ‘It Was Written’ Cover




The basketball rookie debuted the t-shirt as part of his new ZO2 apparel collection.


Los Angeles Lakers point guard Lonzo Ball isn’t changing his opinion about Nas any time soon. After stating that no one listens to the legendary rapper on the season premiere of his family’s Facebook reality show in August, the basketball rookie later doubled down on the comment by claiming that Future and Migos are what’s “real hip-hop” right now. This weekend at ComplexCon, Ball took his opinion a step further by officially debuting a t-shirt with his face superimposed on Nas' It Was Written cover as part of his new ZO2 apparel collection.

The t-shirt first made an appearance on Ball’s Instagram account last month, where it was worn by his manager, Darren Moore.




The It Was Written cover is an updated version of the highly influential artwork for Nas' debut album, Illmatic. As pointed out by Art Genius, Illmatic featured a photo of him as a kid, taken by his father Olu Dara when he returned from an overseas tour, superimposed over a backdrop of a New York city block. The It Was Written cover had a similar concept but featured Nas as an adult.

According to Nas' manager, the Queensbridge rapper was unbothered by Ball’s initial comments. Perhaps the t-shirt will change his mind.

The next step in their rivalry would be for Ball to take it to the recording booth, but even the fledgeling athlete/rapper is probably aware of Nas' infamous diss track, “Ether.”



PRAY For MEEK MILL Because 'He's Going To Jail Now" 2-4 Years



Rapper Meek Mill has been sentenced to prison for a minimum of two years for violating probation.

The ex-boyfriend of Nicki Minaj was spotted arriving at a Philadelphia court on Monday before a judge ruled that he violated multiple provisions of his probation, according to Philly.com

A rep for Mill, 30, did not immediately respond to a request for comment from PEOPLE.

His sentence comes after Mill — born Robert Rihmeek William — was arrested twice this year.
Explaining why she was imposing a jail term that could be up to four years, Common Pleas Court Judge Genece E. Brinkley, recounted the numerous chances she had given Mill.

“[You are] just thumbing your nose at me,” the judge said, according to Philly.com.

The judge continued, saying that once Mill was in prison, “I’ll be done with you.”

The musician was then immediately handcuffed and taken from the court, Philly.com reports.

PEOPLE confirmed in August that was charged with reckless endangerment in New York City. He later plead guilty to reckless driving.

Months earlier, in March, he was charged with misdemeanor assault after an altercation with employees at St. Louis International Airport. The charges were dropped after he agreed to perform community service.

Despite the charges being dropped the judge – who has been dealing with Mill for years – ruled it still counted as as violating his parole.

The star was previously in jail for eight months and on probation due to a 2008 conviction for gun and drug charges. Then eight years later, in 2016, Mill was placed under 90 days of house arrest for violating probation due to unapproved travel.

Friday, October 27, 2017

Show TuFli Pays Homage To Harlem Rap On New EP, R.A.W.





“This project is a culmination of correcting not only myself, but hopefully putting N.Y. music on the right path.”

Harlem rapper Show TuFli wants to put New York rap back on the map by nodding to its heritage. On his new 10-track project, R.A.W (Right All Wrongs), TuFli pays homage to the influence of Harlem rap — Cam'ron and The Diplomats, Vado, and Dave East — with flashy lyrics and murky storytelling over slow-tempo, soul sampled production. The up-and-coming rapper tells stories of his early brushes with success and fame, while also acknowledging the hardships of coming up in Harlem.


"The past year I've had the opportunity to go through a lot — both right and wrong," he told The FADER over email. "I've seen right and wrongs in my city, and seen some right and wrongs in myself. This project is a culmination of correcting not only myself, but hopefully putting N.Y. music on the right path." Listen in full below.

XXXTENTACION CLAIMS HE’S TERMINATING HIS DEAL WITH CAPITOL RECORDS



About a week ago, it was reported that XXXTentacion had signed a multi-million-dollar record deal with Capitol Records. Now, he's saying he's going to terminate it, and we shouldn't be expecting new tracks from him any time soon.

"I am not a signed artist, and I will not be releasing music for a very long time, I’m tired of this shit," he wrote in one part of his Instagram story.

While the specifics of X's deal have been debated, it appears his arrangement with Capitol Records was actually one with their Caroline label, which was going to distribute releases from X's Bad Vibes Forever imprint. But now it looks like that may not happen.


This isn't the first time X has announced a rap game sabbatical. Back in July, the rapper used social media to tell fans he was, for a time, saying peace to the game. "I'm going to disappear for a little while," he said in a cryptic post. "I love you all."
The rapper had been assaulted in concert the last time he claimed he was leaving the music scene alone for a while, Of course, X came back with his 17 album in August, so no one had to wait too long for new music. His upcoming domestic abuse trial is scheduled to start in December.

Take a look at XXXTentacion's Instagram story below.

Drake Wont Submit More Life For Grammy Considerations/Nominations


This year’s ceremony could be ’More Life’-less.


The 2018 Grammys Awards are just around the corner, but there’s one huge album that may not be represented. According to a report from the Associated Press, Drake declined to submit his March playlist More Life for consideration in the categories of Album of the Year or Best Rap Album. The AP source also noted that he didn’t submit any of More Life’s tracks for categories like Song of the Year, Record of the Year, or Best Rap Song.

Although he hasn’t spoken out about the decision yet, Drake expressed his frustration with the awards process in an interview with DJ Semtex back in February. “I don’t even want them,” Drake said about his pair of 2017 Grammys for "Hotline Bling.” “It just feels weird, it doesn’t even feel right to me. I almost feel alienated… I’m a black artist, I’m apparently a rapper, even though ‘Hotline Bling’ is not a rap song. The only category that they can manage to fit me in is in a rap category, maybe because I’ve rapped in the past or because I’m black."

He also declined to appear at the 2017 show, joining artists like Justin Bieber, Kanye West, and Frank Ocean, the latter of whom didn’t submit Blonde or Endless for consideration, either.


Drake has previously won three Grammys: Best Rap Album for Take Care and the aforementioned Best Rap Solo Performance and Best Rap song awards for “Hotline Bling.” He has 35 total nominations throughout his career.

More Life is one of the most successful projects of 2017, debuting at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart and eventually going double-Platinum. It spawned Billboard Hot 100 hits like “Passionfruit,” “Fake Love,” and “Portland” featuring Travis Scott and Quavo. Although it would have faced a strong challenge in the rap categories from Kendrick Lamar’s DAMN., More Life seemed likely to pick up at least a few nominations had Drake submitted it for consideration.

This year’s Grammy Awards nominees will be announced on November 28


Listen To More Life Here : https://open.spotify.com/user/drake/playlist/2gEzAOf6gi1SvJzRy3cpfg

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Lonzo Ball Debuts ZO2 Prime Remix for throwback Night against John Wall


New ZO2 Prime Remix for throwback night in LA.



Prior to today, the re-designed Big Baller Brand ZO2 Prime Remix had only been seen in the black and gold launch colorway. However, with the Lakers breaking out their MPLS throwback uniforms for the first time in 15 years, Lonzo Ball decided to debut a new colorway.

The latest ZO2 Prime Remix is white-based, with gold BBB branding and a black carbon fiber heel counter. Unlike the black colorway of the $495 sneaker, this pair isn't yet available to purchase on bigballerbrand.com, but that could very well change in the near future.

Friday, October 20, 2017

XXXTentacion Signs With Capitol Music Group's for 6,000,000



According to a report from Billboard, South Florida rapper XXXTentacion has inked a $6 million deal with Capitol Music Group’s subsidiary Caroline. The report states that the deal will cover yet-to-be-released material, and represents a huge vote of confidence from the label.

XXX scored one of the biggest debut albums of 2017 with 17, which moved 87,000 equivalent album units in its first week and 313,000 copies to date. The project was distributed through Bad Vibes Forever/Empire, and represented the latter label’s best first-week sales ever. It also spawned a number of Billboard Hot 100 hits, including “Jocelyn Flores” (No. 31), “Fuck Love” (No. 41), and “Everybody Dies in Their Nightmares” (No. 54).

His success, however, comes alongside significant controversy. XXX (real name Jahseh Onfroy), is set to stand trial in December for a number of domestic violence charges; he’s accused of savagely assaulting his then-girlfriend in 2016. Onfroy faces charges including battery and aggravated assault of a pregnant victim, battery by strangulation, and false imprisonment. A September 2017 Pitchfork article detailed the alleged abuse in grim detail. Meanwhile, XXX has vocally maintained his innocence and even mocked the allegations in a series of crude Instagram videos back in September.

Caroline’s decision to sign XXX for such a reportedly large sum seems to indicate that the label is confident he will not be convicted in his trial. He’s hardly the only rapper to be involved in a domestic violence scandal recently; his “Roll In Peace” collaborator Kodak Black was recently indicted for criminal sexual conduct in South Carolina, and Chicago rapper Famous Dex was caught on camera assaulting his girlfriend last year.

Nike Issues Statement on Torn NBA Jerseys



Brand says it's working to fix the issue.

The regular season debut of Nike's new NBA uniforms was marred by wardrobe malfunction this week when LeBron James, one the brand's biggest endorsers, had his jersey ripped during the first game of the 2017-18 season on Tuesday night. For its part, Nike says it's trying to find a solution to the problem.

"The quality and performance of all our products are of utmost importance," a spokesperson told Sole Collector. "We are obviously very concerned to see any game day jersey tear and are working with the NBA and teams to avoid this happening in the future."


James' isn't the first jersey to rip—those of Tyler Ennis and Nikola Jokić suffered similar fates in the preseason.