Friday, February 28, 2014

Kid Cudi annoyed with Kanye West & Guilt Trip




Given Kid Cudi's well-publicized split with Kanye West's G.O.O.D. music, it was jarring to hear his recognizable vocals sampled on Yeezus: "If you love me so much then why'd you let me go-o-o-o-oooo?" he belts on "Guilt Trip". Turns out that vocal is a few years old and Cudi wasn't happy to hear it on the song, he tells Complex (via MTV).
"I discovered that I was on the song via Twitter," he said. "I saw kids hitting me up, like, 'Are you on 'Guilt Trip?!' or saying 'Great job!' and I'm like, 'What the fuck is everyone talking about?" He explained that he recognized the song and the beat instantly once he listened. He was initially pleased, but quickly changed his mind: "Why not call me and have me come in there and give it? Why underuse me?" he asked. "Why put four bars of vocals to coax my fans into thinking this is a legitimate Kid Cudi feature on this song and it isn't?"
"Same deal with the G.O.O.D. Music album, the compilation," he continued. "Had I not given Kanye 'Creepers' [for "The Morning"], my only presence would've been on that one song, that I can't even remember the title for. I would've barely been on that album."
It's also easy to interpret the Cudi sample on "Guilt Trip" as a sly wink aimed at Cudi—it sounds like Cudi is asking, "If you love me so much then why'd you let me go [from G.O.O.D. Music]?" 
Listen To Guilt Trip

No comments:

Post a Comment