Monday, November 10, 2014

Kendrick Lamar Opens Up About Battling Depression and why he made The "i" Video





Kendrick Lamar’s media blitz continues, this time with a sit-down with Houston’s own Devi Dev. During the extended interview, K. Dot broke down his new single, “i,” potentially putting out his new album before the end of the year, being in awe of Beyonce’s live performance, working with the same crew of producers on new project and a potential acting career.

Kendrick also opened up to Dev about battling depression throughout his life.

“I’ve faced depression in my life not only then, but now,” revealed Kendrick. “In these recent years of being in the limelight and trying to deal with and balance your personal life with the music and what you do. It comes with a lot of turmoil when you’re talking about money, fame, fortune and success, a lot of things you have to handle and balance and that brings a whole lotta depression. I’ve spoken with artists who have done it before me and they said they went through the same phases too. It’s about me tapping not only into my emotions, but the people around me.”


Kendrick goes on to detail growing up in Compton and the difficulty of leaving past grudges behind. Definitely worth the listen if you have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment