Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Tyga calls Drake fake and says he doesn't get along with Nicki Minaj


Tyga’s fallout with Young Money is getting uglier. The Last Kings rapper has called out his labelmate Drake for being “fake.”

Earlier this month, Tyga took to Twitter and accused Young Money of holding him hostage. He threatened to leave the label if they didn’t give him a release date for The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty. After his tweets, Young Money president Mack Maine fired back and Nicki Minaj unfollowed him on Twitter.

But trouble has been brewing for some time now. “I’m tryna go independent,” Tyga recently told VIBE. “I don’t really get along with Drake. I don’t really get along with Nicki.”

“I don’t like Drake as a person. He’s just fake to me,” he continued. “I like his music; you know what I’m saying? I think his music is good, but we’re all different people. We were forced together and it was kinda like we were forcing relationships together. It is what it is.”

Lil Wayne was the glue holding the relationship together. “I think being signed to Young Money, everybody felt like they had to force a relationship ’cause Wayne put us together,” he said. “At the end of the day the reason why I signed to Young Money is because of Wayne. Not because of Drake, not because of Nicki. It was because of Wayne and my relationship with him. I try to be cool with everybody, but sometimes, everybody just has different personalities, motives, and different characters. When you realize that, you realize that’s not a place where you want to continue to grow.”

Someone who he is friends with is Chris Brown. “That’s my real genuine friend. We hang out all the time. He lives up the street from me, so we don’t just do music, we hang.”

He will join Chris and Trey Songz on their upcoming joint tour, and is collaborating with Chris on the Fan of a Fan 2 album. “We are going on tour soon, but me and Chris’ album might not drop [this year]. It’s supposed to drop Christmas, but if it doesn’t I think Valentine’s Day is cool too. We gotta figure out what’s best and the right plan, but all the music is there.”

In the interview, Tyga also denied that he is dating Kylie Jenner and addressed his breakup with baby mama Blac Chyna. The couple has a two-year-old son named King together.

“We decided to take a break apart ’cause you don’t wanna raise an emotionally unstable child, and that’s what it comes down to,” he said. “It wasn’t my happiness, and it wasn’t her happiness. It was for the sake of King.”


Tyga is moving ahead with The Gold Album—with or without Young Money—and has tapped Kanye West as executive producer. “I get inspired being around ‘Ye. At the end of the day, it’s [about] finding what you’re great at.”

No comments:

Post a Comment