Wednesday, January 7, 2015

10 Reasons why 2 Pac was better than Biggie



So last week I stirred up a hornets nest when I posted the 10 reason Biggie was better than Pac...Honestly this is debate I usually stand clear of because this heated debate is always based on personal preference...

For example I have a homie that did time and while incarcerated all he did was read Machiavelli and listen to PAC so to him PAC is like Rap God no doubt when it comes to cultural impact and imitation PAC is king He reminds me of Allen Iverson between 1999-2004. 2 Pac was the epitome of black culture and his image was the complete representation of black people at that time, the good and the bad. Pac was insanely talented artistically, including, dance,acting,poetry,and of course hip hop. Pac was an intellectual and slightly well lets say imperfect which was one of his greatest strengths,speaking on his flaws,society flaws, and how to improve them. 

On the other hand  I have another homie who learned how to be a rap superstar from Biggie...his flows, his larger than life swag (no pun intended RIP BIG PUN) and his two for two albums, godly  ghost writing / free styling skills and being the king of NY when it was the golden age of NEW YORK Hip Hop. Biggie;s storytelling and imagery was on a supreme level. I've seen people rap biggie lyrics with such a passion it's like they became possessed with his spirit and for the duration of the song they became him. They felt what he felt saw the world the way he did. I mean when i brought up this question Pac vs Biggie to my friend CG he just played Biggies Whats Beef and Who Shot Ya, gave me a look and said who do you think is better? (Biggie was the king of the sneak diss tho) ... Anyway an argument can be made for both sides but as mentioned this post is focusing on the 10 reasons 2 Pac was better than the Notorious B.I.G. so here yo go...

No comments:

Post a Comment