Monday, April 13, 2015

Catching Up With Shaakira Solomon the Fashion, Modeling , Goddess


I recently had the opportunity  to kick it with the beautiful and talented Shaakira Solomon and get an update on her modeling career. We talked about her dreams,her career and more. Check the interview below

How did you get into fashion?

I gravitated towards fashion because I view it as an art form, an art form of expression through fabric, words, colors, cuts and so on. Coming up family and friends always suggested that I should model but I never it took it seriously until my parents gave me that extra push or encouragement. For my 16th birthday my father set up a studio photo shoot for my beginners portfolio and from then I continued on small shoots and runway shows. As I grew older, I gained more experience and became more engaged with the allure of the runway.



So how does it feel when your strutting down the runway looking amazing ? Do you feel like a role model?

 The runway made me feel empowered. I get to represent for the same brown beautiful Queens with the full lips, broad noses and coily hair , the same strong, beautiful features that was considered unappealing years ago. I don't see many positive public-figures; which I believe is very important to the generation coming up, which adds to why I consider myself a Role-Model-Model, a role model in the respect that I lead the life that I voice and embody the change that  I would like to see. Me, myself I'm still flourishing everyday and working on myself day and night.



So what’s next? What dreams and aspirations do you have?

My aspirations are limitless, I would like to have my own business; an entrepreneur ,  I also would like to own some property in JA, St.Croix and someplace in Africa, I'm reaching to attain my Master's Degree perhaps Ph.D, maybe become a College Educator or  Principal, I ultimately just want to become the best me, utilize all my given talents, learn as much as I can, make my grandparents and parents proud, encourage+inspire and illuminate like we were all born to do.



What have you learned about the characters in the fashion industry?


"Often people in this industry can be shallow and catty" - I've realized that within this industry many can be superficial and that's not in my character; don't get me wrong I love quality material goods but I do know that there is much more my life, to life.  I am very particular with whom I associate myself with, I'm trying to build and would rather be around like-minded people. I remind myself to keep my goals in my mind and continue striving.




So who keeps you grounded the most?

I will say, the one's that always help me to keep a level head is my family. Specifically my mother, my father, my little sister Yaszy and four of my good, good soul connects that I speak to often. They check me when I need to be checked, uplift me when I'm hard on myself, encourage me through those trying times, support, love and look out for my best interest but most importantly, are always real with me. The jewels of my life. Lol.


So you’re a model now, congrats on your success. I just want to ask one more question, tell me about your most recent appearances, where have you modeled at most recently?

"My most recent appearances include the 2014" ... that video that was posted was from Fashion Week Brooklyn 2014, designer Isabela Milan and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th photos used were from Couture Fashion Week 2014, designers Atelier Sorelle Luliucci (one legged jumper) and Martha Fadel (black dress), the 1st photo was from FWB2014 in Hope Wade Designs.


Well you already know myself. (King Blaine/K Zeus) and everyone at thisisblaine.blogspot wish you the best. Keep it up and we look forward to seeing you reach your goals and have even more success in the year 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment