Monday, September 15, 2014

Did Big Sean Betray Kanye By signing with RocNation....?


To answer the Headline question HELL NO. Big Sean and Ye still cool. Big Sean spoke on his new management deal with Roc Nation, being Good for life, and his next moves.

Big Sean had a big week, announcing a management partnership with Roc Nation, followed by releasing 4 tracks at once. He sat down with Complex this weekend to update them on everything he's doing right now, from the details of the deal, to his situation with GOOD, as well as hinting at some of his next moves.

Check out of few excerpts from the sit-down below.

On his Roc Nation deal:
Its really more than management I feel like. Its like an umbrella. Its like a family over there. Ive had management before but its just on a whole other level. And people are really personally involved, Hov is really personally involved and Ye of course, thats the bro right there. Its just kind of more like the business side of things, Roc Nation, thats my umbrella...Its just like a family and Im still with Ye. Ye was the one that was like, I think you should incorporate them and use these guys. He uses them too. It was a family thing.

On his allegiance to GOOD Music:
I know when we announced we were doing business with Roc Nation people were like, You left Kanye? That would be the dumbest thing ever. Just to clarify that, its all fam...on G.O.O.D. Music, on the forefront, for life. Im repping that.

On his contributions to the culture:
People can say what they wanna say but Ive been affecting culture ever since I came out, and thats just fucking facts man. Helping bring Adidas back to the forefront when they signed me. I feel like bringing TI$A. I was the first person wearing POW chains man. Me and Ye got the samples together. I feel like, swerve man. I feel like ho shut the fuck up. Im not saying this in a cocky way in anyway. Im just saying my presence has been felt in culture: boy, I do it. Whether you like it or hate it its been a part of culture. Thats what Im shooting for. Im gonna keep going and Im gonna keep doing what I wanna do and taking chances and just being artistic with it.

On his next moves and the lack of rap releases in 2014:
Im going for blood man. I feel like rap music, people are hungry for rap right now. I feel like this was one of the worst years as far as releases of Rap, as far as the amount of Rap that was released. We had good, good stuff but it wasnt that much stuff. My point is theres a lot of people but it wasnt [consecutive releases] like how it usually is. I think everybody has been taking their time with their craft, perfecting it. I know I have been and Im sure everybody has been.


Watch the full interview below.

No comments:

Post a Comment