Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Best Micheal Jordan Commercials


As a graphic designer currently experiencing his senior year of college I  have gained a new distinct and profound appreciation for advertising. Young black males have always had a fascination with basketball, and the latest sneakers. Basketball a sport made by  popular by players like Dr. J, Micheal Jordan, Larry Bird, and Magic Johnson  have reached people of all sorts including, men,woman, children, rich, poor, black and white. Jordan brand sneakers have been a staple in the inner city and urban communities and are the embodiment of looking fresh and showing off a measure of your wealth as the shoes can be pretty expensive. 

I always wondered how people could afford Jordan's and other fancy devices and clothes but be on welfare, section 8, etc etc?  but I've digressed. I'm not here to discuss the weird place material things has in our society and culture. Nor am I speaking on why we value them so highly when the money can be invested into greater causes. I'm here to discuss some of the greatest Micheal Jordan commercials ever. By ever I mean they where  good enough to motivate me to run out to the store and buy a pair. I don't particularly care for Jordan brand sneaker that much so if I bought them that commercial had to be really inspirational. Without any further a due here's the top 5.

5. 


4. 

3.

2.

1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment